An approximation of the original page,
sans original colors and frames. - jc
Resources for those who are stranded here
J. Allen Hynek
Picture courtesy of: J. Allen Hynek Center for UFO Studies
This is not an official home page of J. Allen Hynek, and his permission has not been sought. The links below are intended only as starting points for inquiry, and may lead to both complimentary and dissenting information about this individual, none of which has been verified by the webmaster.
How this page came to existence
Description: Astronomy consultant to Blue Book; Founder of CUFOS
File Code: hynek Class : ufo
Location: IL, USA
Relationships & Categories
Role : Early UFO history(1940-64), PhD Scientists
UFO Sightings : Hynek's UFO Sighting Classification and Reporting System (Developed classification system)
Affiliation : Battelle Memorial Institute (1) Project Blue Book (2) CUFOS (Hynek founded CUFOS) , Dick Farley , NICAP , Virgilio Sanchez-Ocejo
Critical of : Project Blue Book
Footnotes for above: (1) Hynek was asked by Battelle to poll astronomers on UFOs. (2) Hynek was a consultant to BB throughout its existence.
Topics Other index pages on this server
1. Lonnie Zamora Incident @ - (Close Encounters at Socorro, NM.) Hynek felt this was one of the more important cases he investigated for the Air Force <#14>
2. Project Sign/Project Grudge @ (14 links) - Dr. Hynek served as chief scientific consultant to the Air Force from Project Sign until the end of Project Blue Book in 1969 <#15>
3. J. Allen Hynek Center for UFO Studies (CUFOS) @ - Dr. Hynek became director of CUFOS to continue his investigation of UFOs.
Print References Books available through our catalog
- The Hynek UFO Report: Transformation from "debunker" to qualified believer , P. 16-17
- Project Blue Book: Final report of Project Grudge (apparently the full text), prepared by Hynek, p. 217-259. Report from Hynek to the AF on his interviews with astronomers about UFOs, at a conference in Victoria BC, June 1952, p. 268-284, Quoted passage from Hynek on where the Condon Committee went wrong, p. 334-335
- The UFO Book: Encyclopedia of the Extraterrestrial: Biography, p. 304-308
- Forbidden Science Journals 1957-1969: Vallee's account of his relationship with Hynek during the mid-Sixties.
- A Close Encounter with J. Allen Hynek - 1985 interview - by Dennis Stacy - Published: 85 <1/26/97 #1>
- J. Allen Hynek, from Skeptic to Believer + - O/C rebuttal: part 3 (434 lines) - Supportive - by Jerry Cohen - Published 2/6/97 - Source: UFO Updates (Mailing List) <2/22/97 #2>
- Hynek's Re-evaluation of Air Force Unidentified + - Form used by Dr. Hynek in his re-evaluation with an illustative USAF case. 1956 Iceland event. (52 lines) - Message - Supportive - Published: 12/21/96 <3/4/97 #3>
- Interesting Cases -- AF Indentified + - Form used in Dr. Hynek's re-evaluation of USAF identified cases with an illustative case. 1955 Huntley, IL, case. - Message - Supportive - Published: 12/21/96 <3/4/97 #4>
- Was Dr. Hynek an "Intelligence Mole?" + - Information which refutes this theory (4 pages) - Transcript - By Jerry Cohen - Published: 4/15/97 - Source: UFO UpDates (Mailing List) <5/3/97 #5>
- J. Allen Hynek Center for UFO Studies (CUFOS) - Direct link to CUFOS. Information on activities of the organization Dr. Hynek founded, including how to become a member. - Supportive - Source: (Web Site) <5/3/97 #6>
- Twenty-One Years of UFO Reports - A paper presented before the 134th meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. - By J. Allen Hynek - Published: 12/27/69 <6/13/97 #7>
- Interview with J. Allen Hynek - An interview in the science magazine Nature with Dr. Hynek. - Article - By Ian Ridpath - Published: 10/4/75 - Source: Nature (Magazine), Page 369 [Vol. 251] <6/13/97 #8>
- The UFO Phenomenon: Laugh, Laugh, Study, Study - Article by Hynek on his and the official UFO investigations. - Article - By Dr. J. Allen Hynek - Published: 7/81 - Source: Technology Review (Magazine), Page 50-58 <6/13/97 #9>
- The Condon Report & UFOs - A review of the Scientific Report on Unidentified Flying Objects, the final report of Condon Committee. - Article - By Dr. J. Allen Hynek - Published: 4/69 - Source: Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists (Magazine), Page 39-42 <6/13/97 #10>
- Special Rept on Conferences w/Astronomers on UAOs - [In Project Stork Status Reports] Hynek report to Project Blue Book on astronomers concerning UFOs - Government document - By Dr. J. Allen Hynek - Published: 8/6/52 <6/19/97 #11>
- Walter Webb comments on Hynek - and other UFO related topics. - By Walter Webb - Published: 4/27/97 <6/22/97 #12>
- Brief Review of Dr. Hynek's Career - Brief bio of Hynek's professional and ufological career. - By Jerry Cohen - Published: 4/27/97 <6/22/97 #13>
- "Great Michigan UFO Chase" - (New link substituted having more information.) Detroit News' recounting of the 1966 Dexter/Hillsdale, MI sightings investigated by the Air Force and Hynek. - By Vivian M. Baulch - Source: Detroit News <3/6/98 #18>
- FBI file on Dr. J. Allen Hynek - FOIA released FBI documents on J. Allen Hynek - Source: http://www.cufon.org <10/20/99 #20>
- "The UFO Mystery'' by J. Allen Hynek - Feb 1975 FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin article discussing a UFO study and suggestions how law enforcement can help when UFOs are spotted <10/3/99 #21>
Books from our Catalog Listed in random order
- The Hynek UFO Report by J. Allen Hynek
- Night Siege: The Hudson Valley UFO Sightings by J. Allen Hynek & Philip Imbrogno
To change an existing link, report a bad link, or find out more about the entry, click on its number.
"Add A New Link To This Page"
+ indicates documents stored on this server. @ indicates an index page in a different section. Imported indicates that entry was copied from another page
"Add A Comment To This Page"
Our design and original text copyrighted @ 1994-99 Area 51 Research Center
PO Box 30303, Las Vegas, Nevada 89173
This site is supported by the Ufomind Bookstore
Please visit our business if you appreciate our free web-services. New Items
929 visits to this page since 1/3/00 29 outside pages link to this one
Send us corrections using this Feedback Form or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(For page corrections only. This is not the address for the person above.)
This page: http://www.ufomind.com/people/h/hynek/ (1/17/0 8:30)
We encourage you to link to this page from your own. No permission required.
Page from the website of CohenUFO.org
Page last updated: February 26, 2008 4:20 PM